Avalon River Cruises Food and Dining
Avalon River Cruises Food and Dining
Avalon River Cruises Food: Salads and Appetizers
Avalon River Cruises Food: Main Dishes
The Avalon River Cruises food from the Bistro
Avalon River Cruises Food: Desserts
All photos taken by Daniel Oppliger, Avalon River Cruises Specialist with Tropical Sails Corp.
From the first bite to the last “Mmmmm,” Avalon River Cruises food frees your taste buds from the ordinary. At breakfast, lunch, and dinner, try mouthwatering recipes from the region through which you’re traveling-or more familiar Western dishes if that’s your preference. With Avalon, we make every meal part of the journey.
Avalon River Cruise Food and Dining Options You Crave
Buffets, four-course dinners, Continental breakfasts, al fresco lunch on the Sky Deck, light dinner in the Panorama Bistro (Suite Ships® only)…Avalon gives you choices. Lots of choices when it comes to mealtime. And because we start with fresh, quality ingredients, delectable recipes, and expert chefs, you’ll look forward to each meal the same way you look forward to each port.
Dinners become the perfect complement to a day of discovery. We craft our recipes using high-quality, prime-cut beef, fresh fish, and an accompaniment of hand-picked local fruits, vegetables, and garden greens.
The perfect complement to your day’s journey is a choice of regional fare. Every dinner features a specialty dish from your destination as well as a choice of wine, including a special wine of the region, selected by a professional sommelier and always complimentary.
And aboard our Suite Ships®, why not take advantage of our new Panorama Bistro – a casual atmosphere offering a variety of regional and tapas-style dishes, hand-paired with local wines.
Our lunches are a reason to return to the ship. Enjoy hand carved meats and expansive buffets including fresh salads and amazing homemade soups. And enjoy a sunny day and lunch with a view courtesy of our Sky Bistro, featuring grilled meats and local favorites.
Start your day with our extensive breakfast buffet: choose a made-to-order omelet, fresh fruit, or among an assortment of just-baked bread. Or try our daily breakfast special. Up early or sleeping in? No problem. Our Early and Late Riser Continental breakfast ensure you’re off to a great start.
And with Avalon Choice® Dining, our guests can choose their dining experience, morning, noon and night. In the mood for an extensive buffet, al fresco grill or a light lunch? Prefer an à la carte dining experience or a casual dinner in our new Panorama Bistro? Regardless of taste or interest, all options feature the highest quality local ingredients, hand-crafted with care by our chefs.
Rest assured that on your Avalon cruise, you’ll look forward to each meal the same way you look forward to each port.
Avalon River Cruises Food and Dining Menus
Avalon River Cruises Food Choices and Meal Schedule
Early-Riser Coffee, 6 a.m.
Start your day right with self-service coffee, hot water, croissants, cookies, and assorted finger foods.
Breakfast Buffet, 7 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Enjoy a tempting selection of breads, cereals, fruits, cold cuts and cheeses, smoked salmon, pastries, yogurts, and juices. Hot items such as eggs, sausage, and bacon vary daily.*
*Buffet breakfast items are conveniently color coded on all Avalon Waterways river cruise ships to indicate foods that are low calorie, low fat/low calorie, high fiber, low cholesterol, and high energy
Late-Riser Breakfast, 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Self-service coffee, hot water, croissants, cookies and assorted finger foods.
Lunch Buffet, 12:30 p.m.
Select from intriguing appetizers, hearty soups, hot dishes, homemade breads, cold cuts and cheeses, salads, and delectable desserts.
Afternoon Tea, 4 p.m.
Take a mid-day break with coffee or tea and cake or cookies served in the lounge or on the top deck.
Dinner, 7:30 p.m.
Dine elegantly with a sit-down meal served in a single sitting. The chef will delight you with gourmet selections and the perfect, complimentary wines (complimentary beer or soft drinks also available). Menus typically feature an appetizer, soup, entrée, dessert, and coffee or tea as pictured above.
Night Fare, 10:30 p.m.
Note: Meal times may vary depending on cruise schedule.
Avalon River Cruises Food & Incredible Dining Choices
- Captain’s welcome & farewell receptions with sparkling wine & canapés
- Daily choices of regional recipes, Western dishes, and vegetarian options
- Daily full breakfast buffet with made-to-order egg station, hot and cold menu items, and complimentary sparkling wine & juices; low calorie, low fat, high fiber, low cholesterol, and high energy foods are offered on the extensive breakfast buffet
- Choice of daily early-riser & late-riser breakfasts
- Daily lunch buffet with pasta & carving stations and complimentary soft drinks
- Choice of alternative grill fare at the Sky Bistro on the Sky Deck (weather permitting) or light lunch in the Panorama Lounge
- Daily Afternoon Tea featuring tea, coffee, sweet treats & sandwiches
- Daily four-course à la carte dinners in the main dining room with choice of appetizers, soups, salads, entrées, desserts or cheese, after-dinner coffee/tea, and complimentary wine (including from the region), beer, and soft drinks
- Choice of light dinner alternative on Suite Ships, featuring regional specialties and wines in the Panorama Bistro
- Welcome dinner & farewell dinner
- Daily Night Fare served at 10:30 pm
- Daily room service available for Continental breakfast & beverages (service charge applies)
Avalon River Cruises Food and Dining photos by Daniel Oppliger, Tropical Sails Corp.
- Avalon Waterways European River Cruises Specials
- New Mekong River Cruises Between Jinghong China & Vientiane Laos
- 2017 Avalon Waterways River Cruise Sale
- TAP Travel Brochure from Tropical Sails Corp Travel Agency Arizona
- Avalon European River Cruises Budapest to Amsterdam
- Avalon River Cruises Food and Dining
- Best Cabins in European River Cruises are with Avalon
- European River Cruises Avalon Fall 2015 Sale
- Avalon European River Cruises Sale 2016
- European River Cruise Sale
- Avalon River Cruises Travel Agent Surprise Arizona
- CMV Danube River Cruise
Tropical Sails Corp
Avalon River Cruises Food and Dining Avalon River Cruises Food: Salads and Appetizers Avalon River Cruises Food: Main Dishes The Avalon River Cruises food from the Bistro Avalon River Cruises Food: Desserts All photos taken by Daniel Oppliger, Avalon River Cruises Specialist with Tropical Sails Corp. From the first bite to the last "Mmmmm," Avalon [...]
18189 W Weatherby Dr
Travel Agency and Avalon River Cruises Specialist.